A Psalm for Annan

 

When the day unfolds and the sun begins to smile,

When light spurts in the east and the wind begins to stir,

And all the living awake in wonder and delight,

I rise with eager hope to contemplate your love!



When the warming sun stretches forth over the fields, 

When leaf and blossom with fragrance fill the air, 

And the birds their morning hymn of praise intone,

I hasten from my lair that I may behold your beauty.


When golden noon comes and all beasts shelter seek, 

When the wind is at rest and sweat is on the brow, 

And beneath the blazing roofs the kids must retire,

I sit and muse upon your beauty and my heart is glad!



When the sun is in the west and wind returns from the north; 

When the farmer in field with longing gazes at his road home,

And the labourer observes his weary day draws to fruition,

I hasten the sun to his grave with longing for thee.


When light and beauty is in the west, and leaf and blossom fall,

When eventide hastens, and darkness must waning light devour,

And the workman from field homeward plods his weary way,

I look for thee, and call to thee; and seek to behold your face!



When the darkness falls at last and the birds quiet their song; 

When light and labour are done and weary bones seek rest, 

And irate mothers shout for truant children to come in,

I'll take your hand and stroll along lonely roads in bliss.



When the moon and stars come out to play in glorious light,

When village children in that beauty shall sing and hop,

And music and mirth fills the land from east to west,

I lie unsleeping and dream of your warming embrace,

 

When all limbs their weary beds in rest recline;

And all the land is abandoned to darkness and peace,

Whilst the dreams of trees unfold in noiselessness,

I race the sun to the east that I may behold your face again!




Comments

Recent Posts

A Lively-Minded Journey Pt. 1

Halting Words for the 'Early' Jacob Adongo Atambilla

Buli Series 8 - Money in Buli

What is in a greeting?