Action



Photo by Kid Circus on Unsplash


RESOLVED, I must up and act

Rave against this inaction

Why must I rust in waiting?

An eternity of rest is coming.

How can I be idle?

 

Strive for what is mine I must

For none shall render it to me

But I with my calloused hands

Grab it in my stride to keep

Ever the rapid hours go by

Without a pause

And with them I must grind

Till I’m spent and ragged

I cannot quite down, but

Like the wind and the tide

I too must roar and pound

 

Asleep, awake, by day or night 

Time speeds by on light wing

The tide of destiny swings as ever

And around the idle it bends 

For with hands is it ever carved

How then can I be idle?

 

It matters not that I fail at it

I am but spent upon a worthy cause

Not rusted with a vile repose

Waiting for naught but the grave

Where worms shall feast upon 

Flesh and bone long preserved

And all chance for action is beyond

Recall or desire.

 

You reap not where you sow not

Why wither in idle waiting?

Why preserve what time wears?

And age must render rusty?

 

See, daily the sun takes to the sky

What matter if idle clouds hide him?

Or the hills conspire to shield him?

Still, he runs his daunting race

You too take your eager action 

Do what you must while you may, and

Neither the powers nor the ages

Shall keep forever from you 

What comes with sweat and toil.






Comments

Recent Posts

Buli Series 1 - Introduction with Alphabets and Basic Sounds

Buli Series 10: The Parts of the Body (Nyingka Kabtinga)

The Emperor's New Clothes

Halting Words for Nab Azantilow Ayieta IV