Serenade to My Love


Long, long ago, before ever I met you 

I knew and loved your intoxicating brew 

I dreamed you up, my goal, my aspiration 

My pain, my ideal, true to my station



And then you came as in a vision

Not merely a slavish incarnation 

But as faithful as the dream I’d dreamed 

In fact, more than ever you had seemed 


Filled with such great strength of spirit 

And as remote from fake or falsity 

As from the sham of tinsel constellations 

The real star that lights up the nations


So pure in heart and so sincere are you 

I confess, that as I stand before you, 

I am conquered by your very human 

Impetuous, gentle loveliness and acumen


Oh let the dreamer not condemn me 

I fell, for both of us, the joy will be 

To know that life's compassion is

Much greater than our imaginings.



This poem was written and dedicated to a mysterious lady on 22nd January, 2010.

Comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

A Lively-Minded Journey Pt. 1

Halting Words for the 'Early' Jacob Adongo Atambilla

Buli Series 8 - Money in Buli

What is in a greeting?