When all the love is gone




Behold the light fades and rises not
And the cute little stars hide in shame
The moon fears to show her face
And day and night become as one
Here the heavens are shut up tight
And the earth cries out in thirsting
All that is lusty and green withers

Have you read: Village Boy Impressions - Loved at a Glance?

The streams return to the mountains
And the oceans pour out their eternal rage
The darkness return from the abyss
And the mountains explode in anger
Burning all that was once green and fair
Vipers come out in the day to hunt
And the crows hold a banquet at noon

Alas! the nations bare their teeth
And the rulers rage in drunkenness
Oh how kith devour kin
And mothers drown their infants
To entertain their nightly guests.
All roads lead nowhere
And the gardens turn into graveyards.
No, my love, our love cannot die.
For when all the love is gone,
When we let it all wither and die,
There would be nothing left,
No green, no life,
No memory, no beauty,
No flowers, no colour,
Only nasty empty darkness.

I would love through the pain
Smile through the tears
Bleed to keep the grass green
Swallow all my foolish pride
Least all the love should die
And all life becomes a resentful remembrance
Of all that was once good and fair!

Read: Village Boy Impressions - Ash Wednesday





Comments

  1. Surely when love withers and dies, we will live on the euphoria of the love once shared and hope that the fond memories restore our love again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only that were true Obaekobi, but I appreciate the sarcasm sis, thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. This poem almost made me cry.
    It reminds me of a loved one I lost due to my pride and indiscipline. We loved ourselves very much but I broke her heart and I know she’s moved on. I always pray that she finds a man better in all aspects than me bcos that’s what she deserves.
    I’ve learnt my lesson the hard way and hope never to repeat that till I leave planet earth. I have no idea how long I’ll keep pretending I don’t love her anymore. But such is life, we never value what we have until we lose it.
    Thanks once again for sharing this insightful piece with me. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks also for sharing. Add your name next time my brother

      Delete
  3. Powerful piece Boss!!
    Lesson: we should learn to do everything with love because love is life ����‍♂

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last part got me. Pride kills everything good. In all, my take home is "love through pain, smile through the tears".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

A Lively-Minded Journey Pt. 1

Halting Words for the 'Early' Jacob Adongo Atambilla

Buli Series 8 - Money in Buli

Why the Chameleon Has a Broken Head