Random questions



Why are there so many derogatory comments for a girl?

Bitch, ho, slut, thot, whore!

Why is my worth found in my vagina?

Why am I valued by how many I've lain with?

 

Read: Village Boy Impressions - Unsung Heroines

 

Why is it wrong to be alone?

Why is marriage seen as my end goal?

Why am I insulted when I want no marriage?

Why am I only seen as female when I marry?


Click to Read: Village Boy Impressions - The Kayayei's Tale


Why is my worth, dictated by my children?

Why am I less if I have none?

Why is my son considered my child?

I have a daughter here, does she not qualify?

Why are my children mine when they are bad?

Are they not their father’s too?


Read: Village Boy Impressions - Fathers

 

My sister, we live in a special kind of place

Say no more about this age

There is no peace for a woman here

Nor can joy be found anywhere near

Maybe, we’ll find them in a world

Where there is no man

Until then, endure this hell

Death will come soon, my friend.

 

by G. Demoir.

From the same author:




Comments

  1. Very true and thought provoking. The world has not been good to women at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true.
    Is impressive to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm! A very sad reality!! Thanks for this educative and thought-provoking piece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

A Lively-Minded Journey Pt. 1

Halting Words for the 'Early' Jacob Adongo Atambilla

What is in a greeting?

Why the Chameleon Has a Broken Head