Lost Gamble



Pain, pain and more pain

The loss of a gamble

Listen and learn

You who would like to gamble

You who are ready to explore

 

I burn, oh I burn!

With the flame of regret and pain

And yet I cannot stop

My feelings in debt

It was time to gamble my heart away

 

Have You Read: Village Boy Impressions - Beauty's Plight?


Why did you not warn me of the cost?

Why did you signal me to go on?

To not care

To borrow from merciless death

It was time to gamble my sight away


Let none say a word

Let none see my despair

Let my mask remain fixed

An eternal smile of patience and peace

A time it was to gamble my voice away

 

Read Here: Village Boy Impressions - Serenade to my love


Breaking hearts like vases

I could have any but picked you

Hollow eyes, bleeding tears of blood

I was so taken

Time it was to gamble my body away

 

Should I say?

Nay.

Silence is golden, endurance more so

Let it not be said, I wavered at the end

It was time to gamble my soul away

 

AlsoVillage Boy Impressions - Choked by the Weeds


And now I’ve lost it all

After all, how can three days compare to

Five hundred and eighty-one?

Or eight months and a year?

Time now to gamble memories away

 

Teach me not to love the past

Teach me to not feel loss

Teach me to hate what I once adored

No logic or common sense makes sense

 It was time to gamble wisdom away


Read: Village Boy Impressions - When all the love is gone


I cannot runoff

To end my pain

There is no way to redeem me

After all, I have an impossible debt to pay

There is nothing left to gamble away

 

by G. Demoir.







Comments

  1. That's so great đź‘Ť. Please when is the launching?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

A Lively-Minded Journey Pt. 1

Halting Words for the 'Early' Jacob Adongo Atambilla

Buli Series 8 - Money in Buli

What is in a greeting?