Why Ever Do We Dream?



I heard a man had a dream once
It was a bold dream
And they shot him down cold
Dreams are dangerous things!
I also had a dream, once
It wasn't a bold dream
And I woke up sweating;
Dreams are scary things!
Why ever do we dream?
I ask.

Read: Village Boy Impressions - Fathers

Yet how may we sleep
If we cannot dream?
And how may we live
If our dreams be quenched?
I say, let us all dream...
Let the children dream;
And let the elders dream
What does it matter
If we shoot at God and miss?
Dreams are the salt of life
Without them, life is tasteless,
Worthless, pointless, stale
I should be glad of an early grave!

Read: Village Boy Impressions - My First Snow



Comments

Recent Posts

A Lively-Minded Journey Pt. 1

Halting Words for the 'Early' Jacob Adongo Atambilla

Buli Series 8 - Money in Buli

What is in a greeting?